<body>
14 February, 2014  

Stories of Valentines Day's Past 2.14.14


 


This title is kind of a joke because I am 102% sure that I have never recognized Valentine's day in my past years except for eating the heart-shaped candies that my little siblings brought home from school. I so vividly remember those Valentine's Day cards  that our third-grade teachers made us make for our fellow classmates. I remember my first puppy love "crush." I made sure I gave him a card with a hand-made heart and my oh-so-cool signature. I would give him the occasional eye when he wasn't looking in my direction. Fast forward to now, I still find myself sneaking looks at attractive men for the eye candy and nothing else. These are just a few snapshots of how I spent my valentine's Day. I bought myself flowers about two days ago because I got a $3 vase at Target and I refused to neglect them. They make me smile and give me another reason to take pictures. I tried my best to stay off social networks, but being the hopeless romantic that I am, I had to. And boy, I was not disappointed. People are really cute. And love is really cute. I'm heading out to dinner later with a friend (pictures are to follow). I just find it inspiring to see love in young peers. There's a certain rush that you get from having another person to kick it with. I don't find myself in a rush to get into a relationship (read previous blog post). But I should start getting ready so I should probably stop listening to my Pandora playlist and take a shower.
------------------


It was a great night!!


Who was your first "grade-school" Valentine?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home