<body>
09 April, 2014  

To Live: Festival of Colors

Life is all about the experiences, right?

Last week, in the midst a mountain of homework and study groups, I decided to take an hour and a half to celebrate this holiday. For those who don't know, Holi is a hindu festival that marks the beginning of new year to many Hindus, as well as a way to reset and renew ruptured relationships, end conflicts from the past. Previously, I heard of the holiday but it was never something of valid interest to me. However, being in college has inspired me to take even more action than before. And anyone who knows me personally, who refer to me as a self-appointed go-getter/action-taker. It was cool to see many non-hindus at the event celebrating with their hindu friends or others regardless of religious affiliations or deities. As I write this post, it makes me think of what diversity is to others and does diversity always have to refer to culture or ethnic belongings? That topic is truly a post or a master's thesis in itself. Anyways, I apologize for the extremely delayed post, but I'm hoping that you can understand the plate that I'm eating off this week (quite full!). I'll be heading to NY solely for a food tour (yes, I know #shamelessglutton or #bountifulexplorer?) with a few of my vegan/vegetarian peeps. I hope to get some cool pics out of that, if I'm not too consumed with the glorious food options.





       

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home