<body>
20 April, 2014  

To Live: It's important to constantly add to your definition of "living."


 


As continued, on the "what is living" series, we are joined by college blogger Sade and her endless adventures. haha.. just kidding. I am not Dr. Phil, and this is not a therapy and counseling show. All jokes aside, I went on a long-awaited hiking trip to Shenandoah National Park. My legs and underarm are definitely still in pain. We went on a 2 day trip, which included camping. I went with a close friend of mine because we both wanted to try something different and experience "the Great Outdoors." Our actual hike started at 2:45AM... Yes, you read that right. 2:45AM. We wanted to leave early in order to catch the sunrise at the peak of the mountain. Originally, when I signed up for the trip, I suspected some level of difficulty (I mean we are in the outdoors). But during the 3 hour hike uphill, I was doubting myself to why I would put myself through this slow and fast-pacing pain. As we went into our 2nd hour of hiking, group morale was fairly high but I was already reflecting on the beautiful hike down and getting some breakfast. Unfortunately, the group had other plans. I pushed myself through it until we reached the very top of a mountain. Isn't that insane? We literally reached the top of the mountain. It was a rewarding and enlightening experience. Biggest lesson learned: it's completely okay to push yourself. Challenge is good. This "what is living series" will continue through different events but in a less consistent form that they usually have been. And for those wondering what food I ate, we all pitched in and put sides to make one big burrito line, it was glorious. Tip: Try burritos with chickpeas, won't regret it. Until then, I'm outtie.

Love,
Sade

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home